Meet Contemporary Media, Inc.: DeShaune McGhee
Meet DeShaune McGhee: Classified Advertising Manager, Memphis Flyer
1. What does your position entail? Managing all aspects of the classifieds department which also includes Tailspin.
2. How did you get into this industry and what insight can you give someone interested in this industry that is Journalism, Marketing, Advertising and the like? I’ve worked in some form of sales for over 20 years. You have to believe in what you do, love what you do and the product you sell. You also have to love dealing with people.
3. On an off day from work, you will find me ... shopping or hanging with my family.
4. What is number one on your Memphis bucket list? Not sure if there is a #1 on my list yet, but visiting Graceland is on the list.
5. How long have you worked here? I’ve worked here for almost 15 years. Started out part-time in classifieds selling advertising space for Antiques & Musicians Exchange. A short while after that I started full-time selling Employment advertising. From there Real Estate, etc. I became the classified advertising manager in 2006. I’ve seen it all in classifieds ... trust me.
6. What do you think makes the Flyer different from other publications? The Flyer is a brand that just stands out. The Flyer is in a league of its own.
7. Have you always been so persuasive? Have you always been able to delve into a topic and find the most meaningful information in it to relay to someone else? I’d like to think so. I always try to treat the client like I like being treated. I’m mindful of the fact that my client’s advertising dollars are important and I want to help them find the best way to use them efficiently.